Digital media technologies have evolved into a major factor in shaping today’s societies. The SIM lab studies explain the societal and social impact of this digital revolution, currently focusing on five domains:
- Digital Traces (Big Data and Computational Methods)
- The Internet and Social Media
- Social Robotics and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Virtual and Mixed Reality Applications
- Communication as Experience
In the context of digital media technologies, societal resilience in SIM lab research rests on successful utilizations of positive, healthy, functional media effects, and effective interventions against potential negative, unhealthy, detrimental media effects.